Sunday, December 16, 2012

Jewelry: Part I

I titled this "Part I" because the discovery that I love jewelry is actually a new one.  So I predict I will have a lot more to say about this in the future.

For the longest time, I didn't wear any type of jewelry outside of watches (which is a staple item for me), or earrings and facial piercings (back when that was a thing).   I just never got into jewelry.  I preferred to make statements with bags, sunglasses, or shoes.

Then slowly, I started paying attention to rings, necklaces, and higher-end earrings more. I think it may have started with a neat pair of diamond earrings my mom gave me for Christmas a couple of years ago.  Then it graduated to a Tiffany necklace that my BF Steve gave me for a birthday.  Then I started scoping out pieces on  my own.

My artist friend recently had an exhibition of his work at a cool little bar/lounge in West L.A.  All can be found at   http://www.neivz.com/ .  I think his work is quintessentially L.A.- lots of personality, unapologetically eccentric, and inherently cool.  The show was pretty rad:

[50% of my friends in this pic are lawyers.  If you have a problem with your image being used on this blog, send me a Cease & Desist.  :)   Note:  My friend also designed and built the furniture displays.]

[The layering pieces on the bottom leftish are modeled by my lovely friend Regina below.]

[Kinda blurry, but cute, subtle pieces.  Perfectly accented with a wine glass.]

[The missing space is where I picked up the wavy-faced ring.]

[Please excuse my chippy mani.  Thinking of getting this item.  Delicate, barely-there jewelry items are the thing again.  But I am really all about statement pieces.]

No comments:

Post a Comment