Saturday, January 28, 2012

Red & Leopard

I think that each could be done correctly if worn sparingly, and if the fit and material are both of high quality.  But I can’t bring myself to get over my fashion phobia of the two.

I think it’s really hard to pull off red, especially in formal wear, in a way that does not look cheap.  However, use of red in casual wear can look fantastic when done right:

[My friend Christine, who has impeccably paired a red pant w/ contrasting white striped top and staple belt.]

My leopard phobia comes from years of witnessing atrocities such as this:
[Images like this are the reason I generally recoil at the sight of leopard.]
However, sometimes there are beacons of hope, such as the below:

[This works because the dress design is not too busy.  Atwood maryjane pumps are beautiful.  This almost makes up for the Snooki/Deena leopard assault on my eyes. Almost.]

No comments:

Post a Comment