Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Blazer

 I wasn’t quite old enough to notice back then, but I would have loved to see all of the over-the-top shoulder-padded couture blazer creations from the 80’s.  I was so happy when this clothing item came back full force.
The two breeds currently on the scene are “boyfriend” cut, and a much more streamlined version.
The hipsters love the “boyfriend” cut.  I thought it was a bit sloppy and unflattering at first glance, but I have to admit this look has grown on me.

[Well done, Bosworth, well done.]


[My good friend Veron.  The white fitted blazer is a summer staple- I have the exact same one from Zara.  This is a streamlined, versatile, sophisticated piece that can be dressed up or down.]


[I love the raised shoulders, color, and clean lines on this one.  The shoes add a great color complement as well.]

No comments:

Post a Comment