Saturday, January 28, 2012

Espadrilles- First Edition of Fashion Mess or Fashion Yes?

Espadrilles.  I have seen them often, every summer, since about 2005.  Every summer, I have resisted the urge to buy them.  I think they look like they belong on a frumpy soccer mom from the Midwest who is wearing them with a Michael Kors bag and flared jeans. 
Why won’t they just go away?  They were built to be a fly-by-night trend:  the weird raffia wedge, the impractical straps.  I’ll never understand why this shoe has lingered for so long.  However…. I do see them every so often and think they look cute on the person wearing them.  What do you think?

[I think they look cute here, but only because they are tempered with the fact that Annalynne McCord is wearing them (someone who is so gorg that a burlap sack would look great on her).  And also her pants are half-covering them.  If a shoe needs all that to look good, then I say they are bad news!]


No comments:

Post a Comment