Sunday, January 18, 2015

Style Envy: Gwen Stefani, Part II

A few weeks ago, I was in Vegas for the BDay party for one of my fave lawyerly girl friends.  I had a free afternoon when everyone was off hitting the blackjack tables, so I engaged in the holy union of two of my fave vices:  shopping while day drinking.

90% of the reason I make an effort to swing by the H&M at Caesar's Palace every time I'm in Vegas is because that one in particular has this amazing in-store DJ who is always on point.  While waiting in the check out line, said DJ played a medley of Settle Down/ Looking Hot/ Hella Good.  This prompted a full-on No Doubt singalong courtesy me and the five comparably inebriated girls behind me in line. If any of you ever see this floating around YouTube, let me know. I will laugh so hard.

That really inspired me to bust out my No Doubt catalog once I got home from the trip.  I found this album called "Everything in Time" on Spotify, which is a fairly recent release of B-sides.  It is so good.  Really heavy on the early reggae influence, which I think is when they sound the best.  I think this one is way better than most of their real album releases.

Which in turn, inspired me to put together some of my more Gwen- inspired outfits again.  Pics coming soon. Gwen= my fashion hero since I was 13 years old.




No comments:

Post a Comment