Friday, May 10, 2013

No "Mom Jeans" Here

Still on vacay in Cow Town, Colorado.  This place is located about three hours south of Denver, and an hour south of Pueblo.  What is Pueblo, you ask?  It is the closest town with more than two stop lights.  It's much bigger than Cow Town, yet still not really a city.  It has a movie theater, a mall, and several chain restaurants such as Chili's or Black Eyed Pea.  In high school, Pueblo was the closest semblance of civilization.  On the weekends, everyone would make the hour-long drive and would be there roaming the mall.

Yesterday, I went on a Pueblo excursion with my mom. We had a nice lunch, then hit up the usual spots.  The mall has a bland variety of typical midwest chain stores (The Buckle?  What is this, 2001?), so I was glad for the TJ Maxx across the way.  I found the perfect cheesy, disposable heels to wear to Vegas next weekend:
 
 
The best part of the trip was picking out some rad outfits for my mom.  My mom is a career woman, so she doesn't have a lot of time to reserve for fashion.  This one was my fave:

[Top- Ralph Lauren.  Pants- Dillard's.  Shoes- Nine West.]

This is one of the few classic button ups I picked out, paired with the pop of color in these coral pants.  I thought the snake print in the shoes was a sassy touch, as the gingham pattern in the top is not too busy.  I also liked the taper and the length of the pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment