Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Fashion Fail: Part III

We all know what an impulse buy feels like.  You walk into a boutique, and everything is gray and shapeless.    Then- like the mythical pair of Prada pumps on the sale rack in your size- it appears.  An article of clothing so perfect, so fitting to what you would have envisioned if you had known of its glorious existence, that it beckons to you.

It's too bad this happened in Vegas last year when my friend Matt and I stumbled into the AllSaints store in the Cosmopolitan.  Vegas and impulse buys most definitely do not mix. Matt emerged unscathed, and I emerged with this atrocity.

[Top- AllSaints.  Necklace- Nordstrom juniors dept.  Skirt- Charlotte Russe.  Shoes- Steve Madden.  Bracelets- Juicy Couture and Davani's of Santa Barbara.]

I have written about signature pieces before, and I only wish that this thought would have been invoked during the course of my vodka cranberry-induced shopping spree that day.  Fashion 101 states that bizarre prints are never classic.  The only prints that could be considered classic are leopard (Only if done correctly.  I will elaborate in a separate post.), stripes, and certain types of logo print.  Aztec was trendy for a split second.  That split second is certainly not worth $430.

Lesson learned:  Take a breathalyzer before running the Visa in Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment