Sunday, April 7, 2013

Parisian Chic, Part II

I've read a comparison somewhere, stating that American women are like kindergartners compared to French women.  I think this is an apt comparison. Parisian style is legendary for a reason.  Parisian women seem to naturally ooze sex appeal, confidence, cigarette smoke; a certain je ne sais quois that permanently puts them miles ahead in the fashion world.  L.A. women are put together, but they are too put together.  Everything matches, everything is styled down to the manicured fingernails.  In some parts of this city, everyone has the same breast implants.  Parisian women seem to have an innate ability to style themselves to perfection with far less effort.  The difference is, Parisian women don't have to try so hard because they carry themselves so well, so that they wear the heck out of the clothes; not the other way around.


Here is a popular look that all the locals rocked during my recent trip:


In L.A., it's easy to forget that in other places in the world, actual seasons exist.  It was a bit of a shock for Steve and I to be dropped in Narnia-esue weather, but at least we go to see some cool winter fashion.

Everyone, men and women alike, cuffed their skinny jeans at the bottom 1-2 inches, and paired with either Converse hi tops (which are ridiculously expensive in Europe, around 70 euro per pair!) or Doc Martens or similar lace up ankle boots.  Scarves were a must.  Some of the cutest scarves I saw were on the men.


Two types of bags that I saw everywhere: Longchamp and the canvas messenger bag pictured above.  I remember reading about that bag in Parisian Chic, and forget the brand name.  It's def on my shopping list for my next trip there.  Steve and I agreed that we are going in the spring or summer next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment