Saturday, November 8, 2014

Office Wear

Recently, a client (who is a music industry guy) from work gave my boss free tickets to Jason Mraz.  My boss tried to unload these on me, remarking, "You look like you listen to this stuff.  Take the tickets."  

If you know me, you can prob guess that acoustic guitar strumming, singer-songwriter types are not exactly my fave.  They are so interchangeable to me, I'm actually not 100% positive it wasn't Jack Johnson.  

Anyway, what's cool about that happening is, I feel assured that I do a pretty decent job of creating a separation of work self from real self.  Court days are suit days of course (there is an upcoming suit entry in the works).  So most days, I'm figuring out an appropriate balance of biz-cashe that screams young professional, yet doesn't put me to sleep looking at it.  I really like this look from Banana Republic, and am going to keep in mind that unexpected pops of color and subtle mixing of patterns really punch up boring office wear.


No comments:

Post a Comment