Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Vintage


I was watching Shahs of Sunset recently (don’t judge), and the rat-faced girl who screams at everyone made some comment about how “you just can’t get the stink out of used clothes.  It’s always there.”

As rat-faced as she is, I can’t help but agree to an extent.  I can’t go thrifting, even though I think some cute hipster pieces can be found if you look for it, because I just can’t get over the weird smells and second-handness. 

On the flipside, I think I have written before about how I love a great mix of high and low end.  When high-end pieces transcend into “vintage,” it is glorious!  The piece can be worked in with modern pieces, it is one of a kind, and truly shows off a person’s eye for fashion.
[Seen at a couture consignment shop in Beverly Hills.  Cute!  The vintage 70's closure bugs me, but thinking about it.]

No comments:

Post a Comment